LAWTON, OK — Dr. Joe Williams Sr. will be signing copies of his sixth book at the Salt Cellar, on Saturday.
LAWTON, OK — This Saturday, the Galilee General Missionary Society will host its 5th Annual Women's Prayer Breakfast. The event is held each year as an open opportunity for women in the community to come together in fellowship and learn from special guest speakers.
Bethlehem Baptist Church will celebrate its 118th birthday at 10:45 a.m. Sunday at the church, 602 Arlington. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Johnny McClendon.
Dr. Larry Martin will lead Revival services at Elgin First Assembly of God, at 3rd and K streets in Elgin, at 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Oct. 20 and 7 p.m. Oct. 21-23.
Western District Missionary Baptist Association is comprised of 16 Missionary Baptist churches in western Oklahoma, all members of the Oklahoma Missionary Baptist State Convention. Five of the district churches are in Lawton.
Local media reports the Scandinavian Jazz Church will end operations by Dec. 31 and the building is under contract to be sold to a new owner by the end of the year. The buyer has not been disclosed.
"There are 10 counselors who have Master's degrees and are licensed," Dr. Charlie Baer, executive director, said. "People come to see us without insurance and we have a sliding scale and no-fee services. That's what the United Way helps with."
The Bild daily, which first reported on the letters Thursday, gave more details of November correspondence it said it obtained between the German-born Benedict and Cardinal Walter Brandmueller - a prominent critic of Benedict's successor, Pope Francis. Many conservative critics long for Bene…
- Bank robbery attempt only nets suspect bag of fake money
- Man shot and killed on southwest Lawton porch Wednesday morning
- Safer at Home now in place in Lawton, non-essential businesses ordered closed
- Lawton Public Schools adjusting schedules, activities
- Demons at dining table precedes assault on cops
- Warrant issued for inmate accused of role in September 2019 assault at Lawton Correctional Facility
- LPS open feeding sites across Lawton
- Commissioners close businesses in county
- Lawton adds liquor stores to businesses that can remain open
- City to move into Safer at Home mode to combat COVID-19
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.