DISTRICT 5 — Southwest Oklahoma reported 2,778 new cases of COVID-19 and 6 new deaths during the past week, according to the Acute Disease Service of the Oklahoma State Department of Health for Jan. 2-8.
For the State of Oklahoma:
· 94 new deaths and 48,143 new cases of COVID-19 were reported last week (149.7% increase from previous week).
· 1,226 COVID-19 hospital admissions in the last 30 days.
· 83.0% (1,018) of hospital admissions in Oklahoma during the last 30 days were non-vaccinated. 2.7% (33) were partially vaccinated. 14.3% (175) were fully vaccinated.
· 19.6% of new hospitalizations are from people who are 49 years of age and younger.
· Oklahoma ranks 13 in the cumulative death rate (per 100,000 persons) of reported COVID-19 cases in the U.S.
To view the weekly epidemiology report from OSDH: oklahoma.gov/covid19/newsroom.html
More COVID-19 testing sites set
Oklahoma State Department of Health District 5 have extend its hours and dates these past two weeks for COVID-19 testing and will continue its services this Saturday.
In Lawton, the Comanche County Health Department will again have a drive-through testing site from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Comanche County Fairgrounds Expo building, 920 S. Sheridan.
In Altus, the Jackson County Health Department will have a drive-through testing site at Hangar 36 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hangar 36, Altus-Quartz Mountain Regional Airport.
In Hobart, the Kiowa County Health Department will conduct COVID-19 testing from 10 a.m. to noon at its health department, 431 W. Elm.
COVID-19 testing also will be available at the Comanche County Health Department, 1010 S. Sheridan, from 10 a.m. to noon Monday.
There is no out-of-pocket expense for the test, but people should bring their insurance card if they have it.
Those attending the COVID testing are encouraged to pre-register online before arriving to help keep the line moving. Go to: osdh.immytech.com.