LAWTON, OK — Some members of the Parks and Recreation Commission agree with skaters who use the skateboard park in McMahon Park: a mural painted in memory Isaiah Whiteshield should stay in place. Read more
Sign Up For Newsletters
Lawton firefighters responded to a structure fire at the intersection of Southwest 25th Street and I Avenue around 10:30 a.m. on Monday. Crews doused the flames quickly but the building appeared to be partially destroyed in the blaze. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
COMANCHE COUNTY, OK — Melanie Jackson's vision for the long abandoned Mount Scott Cemetery is coming into focus, even as her quest to secure a gravestone for the WWI soldier buried there continues.
Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s 66th annual band camp recently attracted nearly 500 students from three states to the Weatherford campus for Oklahoma’s oldest and longest-running band camp. Camp director Marc Mueller said the students auditioned for placement in concert bands and pa…
Southwest Oklahoma may seem a strange place to ponder American maritime power. Those of us who call it home are hundreds of miles from the closest seaport or significa…
- City serves notice to revoke business permit for Lawton venue
- Lawton residents urged to pick up the grass
- Ex-employee arrested for returning to work
- Lawton teen accused of manslaughter jailed on $250,000 bond
- Manning problems plague City of Lawton departments
- Lawton teen wanted for 12-year-old's shooting death
- Council approval Tuesday will allow development of new retail center on Cache Road
- City of Lawton should begin moving forward on sidewalk projects
- Cleghorn said unsuccessful recruitment efforts are causing issues for city departments
- City of Lawton seeking contractors for first upgrade of West Lee Boulevard