‘American Sniper’ widow to speak Dec. 8 at McMahon
Taya Kyle, the widow of "American Sniper" Chris Kyle, will speak at McMahon Memorial Auditorium on Dec. 8 beginning at 6 p.m.
"The doors will open at 4 p.m. and there will be refreshments and food in the lobby," Shawn Magrath, public affairs officer of the Lawton Soccer Club, said recently. "This is a fundraiser for the Soccer Club and we hope that we have a good crowd."
"We have a great auction scheduled too," Magrath said. "Robert Peterson, who is a local artist, has painted a picture of Chris Kyle and it will be auctioned off."
Other items to be auctioned include:
• A team ball autographed by the entire team of the Green Bay Packers;
• A University of Oklahoma football and an OU helmet donated by Lincoln Riley;
• An autographed football signed by Emmett Smith, formerly of the Dallas Cowboys;
• A Dell laptop Computer, donated by the Dell Corporation, and
• A 6-foot-by-3-foot American flag made of recycled fire hoses. The work was created by a local artist.