Halloween happenings for Lawton, area
This year's Halloween lands on a weeknight, but there are plenty of activities geared toward the little ones in spooky costumes. The following is a list of places to get Halloween goodies:
• MacArthur High School Macbotics Team will sponsor a haunted house from 6-8 p.m. nightly, today through Tuesday, at 910 NW 66th. Donations will go toward competition fees and parts money.
• Lawton First Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch will operate between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily through Saturday at 2602 NW Ferris. The patch features pumpkins, gourds, hay bales, scarecrows and a farm tractor for pictures. Pumpkins are for sale, with prices ranging from 50 cents to $40.
• Latin American Community Club Halloween Dance and Costume Party, beginning at 9 p.m. at American Legion Post 29, 605 S. 11th, with munchies, music and prizes for best costumes. Cost is $8 at the door; ages 12 and under are free.
• Billingsley Ford Trunk or Treat, 6-7:30 p.m., 8209 Quanah Parker Trailway.
• Duncan Moose Trunk or Treat, 6-8 p.m., Moose Lodge Family Center, 1712 Seminole, Duncan.
• DJ's Bait Shop at Edgewater Park, beginning at 7 p.m. Costume contest, judging begins at 10:45 p.m.
• The Trail of Fear Scream Park Fall-o-ween Festival opens at 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Admission to the festival is free; charges apply to other attractions.
• Haunted Hospital, 7-10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday on the third floor of Reynolds Army Health Clinic, 4301 Wilson, Fort Sill. Cost is $2 for ages 9 and up; 8 and under free. Photo ops and refreshments; children's room is available for children ages 5 and under.
• Open Streets, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., on Southwest C Avenue between Southwest 2nd and Southwest 5th streets. Features children's activities and games, to include a costume contest and paint a pumpkin.
• Spooktacular, 5-9 p.m., Lawton Family YMCA, No. 5 SW 5th. Games and crafts for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old, plus dinner. $15 for members, $25 for non-members.
• Harvest Fest, 5-8 p.m., Fort Sill Youth Center, 1010 Fort Sill Blvd., Fort Sill. Youth and family activities.
• Zombies in the Park, 6-8:30 p.m., Randlett Park, northwest Anadarko off Central Boulevard. Trick or treating, costume contest, Zombie Walk, movie in the park.
• Boo Review, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., along Main Street in downtown Duncan. Children and pet costume contests, bounce house, pumpkin carving contest, trick or treating from businesses.