Arts for All Fund Drive tickets now on sale
Tickets are on sale for the 2018 Arts for All Kick-Off Fund Drive Luncheon set for 11:30 a.m. Feb. 23 at the Lawton Country Club, 4601 W. Gore.
During this year's Luncheon, the 2017 Lawton Cultural Award winners will be recognized.
The Lawton Cultural Awards are given out annually by the City of Lawton and the Lawton Arts & Humanities Council.
Individuals, businesses and organizations that make outstanding contributions to the arts and humanities within the Lawton community may be nominated. Nominations for the awards come from the public.
The following individuals and businesses will be recognized at the luncheon:
• Janice and David Bear, 2017 Roma Clift Montgomery Citizen of the Arts;
• Juanita Pahdopony, 2017 Roma Clift Montgomery Citizen of the Humanities;
• Derek Griner, 2017 Educator in the Arts;
• David Fennema, 2017 Educator in the Humanities;
• Bobby Creeping Bear, 2017 Artist of the Year; and
• EZ GO, Michael Fitzpatrick, 2017 Business in the Arts.
The winners of the Lawton Cultural Award will be presented with artwork from Santos Rubio, the winner of the 2017 One to Six Art Purchase Award.